Poker Variations and The Top 10 Different Poker Styles
Casino games come in all sorts of different styles and as a result, popular poker variations developed. First and foremost, there’s the popularity of poker itself. Yet when online poker emerged, its effects were essentially game changing. For instance, online poker is ranked top among the most popular casino games. Simultaneously poker variations inspire niches of punters to specifically play a game they already enjoy that comes with an added twist.
All in all, the game of poker developed over the years. Numerous online casinos offer all kinds of variations, from simple to complex. That is say that the game’s playability increases tenfold with the varying types of poker variations. Most importantly, the game’s versatility accelerates to include more options for punters to discover the game they ultimately prefer.
Acquainting yourself to the plethora of poker variations is imperative. Perhaps there’s a variation of poker that best suits your gambling style. Therefore consider these following top ten poker variations in regards to taking your game to the next level. Thereafter, keep reading to discover the top online casinos to play these exciting poker variations at. In sum, select a style that best matches your own and therein accelerate your enjoyability as well as your overall success while playing poker online.
THE TOP TEN VARIATIONS OF POKER
Badugi is a poker variation of the draw poker game. However, it slightly differs to that of the traditional five-card draw. In particular, to this variation, each punter is dealt four cards. In sum, the lowest hand wins.
Typically, there are three betting rounds in a hand of Badugi. Furthermore the punters try to avoid having more than one card of the same suit also they try not to hit a pair. To explain further, aces are low.
All in all, the best hand is A-2-3-4 of four different suits. For instance, if a punter has more than one card of the same suit or the same value then it’s discarded. This in turn leaves them with only a three-card hand.
9. Irish Poker
Irish Poker is one of the simplest forms of all poker variations. It’s specifically beginning to emerge in online casinos. In essence, punters begin with four hole-cards. Yet after the flop is dealt, they have to discard two of the four. Thereafter they play the remainder of the hand like Texas Hold’em hand.
HORSE is comprised of a cycle between five different poker variations. To clarify, the variation changes after each round is played. Additionally it changes to each letter of the word HORSE. Additionally thereafter each letter summons the poker variant that is to be played next.
To put it another way, the H is Texas Hold’em. The O is for Omaha Hi-Lo. The R is for Razz and the S is for Seven-Card Stud. Lastly the E is for Seven-Card Stud Eight or Better which is better known as Stud Hi-Lo. This is a poker variation of stud where punters make high and low hands like in Omaha Hi-Lo.
To rephrase it, all five variations in HORSE are limit as opposed to no-limit or pot-limit. Lastly punters are only able to make a predetermined size wager.
7. 2-7 Triple Draw
Among poker variations, the 2-7 Triple Draw is also called ‘deuce-to-seven.’ This lowball game deals five cards to each punter. Thereafter, they have three opportunities to draw cards similarly to a five-card draw. Essentially, Aces are high within this format of poker. Notably the best possible hand is 7-5-4-3-2 is also called ‘Number One’.
6. Omaha Hi-Lo
All in all, Omaha/8 is similar to Omaha. To demonstrate, every punter begins with four cards. Punters are able to use two of them as well as three community cards. In summary, the pot is split between the best ‘low’ hand and the best ‘high’ hand.
For that reason, punters aim to get the best low hand, 8-7-6-5-4. On the other hand, punters also seek the best high hand. That is to say, using any two of their four cards for each. Omaha/8 has a lot of split pots, and a punter can win the whole pot.
In fact, this act is also referred to as scooping when they have both the best high and low hands. Or per say if there’s no possible low hand on the board and they in fact have the best high hand.
5. Five-card Draw
Perhaps it’s one of the most simplest versions of poker as well as the most traditional. First off, punters start off being dealt five cards face-down afterwhich they ‘draw’ cards from the deck. Next, one or more of their cards are placed at the bottom of the deck, replacing them with the same number from the top. Accordingly, there are betting rounds before and after the draw along with a best five-card hand winning showdown.
In Razz, punters are dealt seven cards each. In regards to the first two and the seventh, all are dealt face down. This is a lowball poker game on account that the lowest hand wins. To be noted, punters want to avoid hitting a pair. Most importantly, the best possible hand is A-2-3-4-5 which is also nicknamed the ‘wheel’.
3. Seven-card Stud
In the early 21st-century, seven-card stud was more favorable than Texas Hold’Em. In short, every punter is dealt two cards face-down and one face-up. Therein betting begins with the punter with the lowest face-up card. To conclude, there is a round of betting after each card dealt.
Specifically the fourth, fifth and sixth cards are dealt face up while the seventh is dealt face-down. Similar to Texas Hold’em, the objective of the game is to obtain the best five-card hand. On the other hand, no community cards are dealt in stud.
Overall Omaha deals four cards instead of the two that are dealt in Texas Hold’em. Moreover punters specifically need to use two out of of those four along with three community cards. As a result, the betting rounds are the same as in Texas Hold’em.
However, the best hands in Texas Hold’em are not as favorable in Omaha. What’s more, currently numerous online casinos offer what is known as Pot Limit Omaha cash games and tournaments. In such a tournament, punters are not allowed to bet more than the amount already in the pot.
1. Texas Hold’em
Texas Hold’em is the most popular amongst poker variations in 2017. Essentially punters begin by receiving two hole cards dealt face-down. They then use these as well as five available face-up ‘community’ cards. In fact, the first three community cards are called the flop. While the fourth is called the turn. Lastly, the fifth is called the river.
At the same time, there are betting rounds before the flop, the turn and the river. Additionally, the winner is determined by the best five-card hand after the final round of betting. Largely by way of using one or two of their hole cards as well as three or four community cards.
THE TOP 8 ONLINE CASINOS TO PLAY POPULAR POKER VARIATIONS
- Welcome package of 200% match up to €1,000 at first deposit.
- Freebies – For instance, €5 Twister Entry, €10 worth of tokens to Betfair live events as well as a free €10 playable bonus.
- Rewarded with €10 into gameplay every time 1,250 status points is earned.
- 2 running leaderboards have a prize pool of €10,000 each.
- Earn up to €300 monthly with Betfair’s Bank Job promotion.
- Fast fold variation called Speed Poker
- Launched in 2004.
- One of the biggest and most successful poker online casinos.
- Supported by PokerStars-level security and finances.
- Innovative poker variants unlike anywhere else.
- For instance, poker variations such as rush poker and Sit & Go Jackpots, Adrenaline Rush and 1UP Multi-Entry tournaments .
- Established in 1886
- Notably one of the top brands in the gambling industry.
- Providing poker variations like Twister Poker, Sit & Go’s, Cash Tables, Speed Poker Cash Tables, and Multi-table Tournaments.
- New punters enjoy a 200% welcome match bonus. All in all, the welcome bonus must be used within its 90-day validity period.
- The VIP club has 6 levels. Ranging from Short Stack to legend.
- Experience their bonuses, special rake races, and VIP events.
- Among the most trusted brands in the industry.
- Impressive Welcome Bundle: a starting £10 deposit, a welcoming award of £7 cash game ticket, £3 worth of tournament tickets, £100 bonus money, and 10 free spins.
- Poker variations of Speed Poker
- Omaha, Omaha Hi-Lo, and Hold’em available for cash games and tournaments.
- Super lucrative loyalty scheme
- Amazing bonuses for example, daily freeroll with a guaranteed prize pool.
- Launched in 2001
- $15 million in guaranteed tournaments every month.
- Speedy FastForward Poker
- Competitive promotions and tons of special events.
- A nice loyalty program.
- Great tournaments and cash games.
- Certification from eGaming, GamCare and eCOGRA.
- Established in 2006
- Start-up offer awards a 100% match up to $1,500 deposit.
- Sweepstakes giving out iPads every Monday.
- Provides punters the opportunity to win the chance to attend the World Series of Poker.
- Auto top-up feature maximizes winnings for higher profits.
- Unique games like No-Limit Hold’em, Pot-Limit Omaha and Seven-Card Stud as well as games like Five-Card Draw and SOKO.
- Acclaimed as the largest online poker casino worldwide.
- With over 200,000 punters logged in in simultaneously.
- Unbeatable customer service,
- Superior game selection
- Competitive tournaments
- Welcome bonus: a 100% match up to $600 first deposit. To be noted, this is expected to be used up within 120 days.
- Launched in 1997.
- The world’s second largest online poker site.
- One of the oldest and trusted poker brands in the industry.
- 25 million punters worldwide.
- Downloadable in both iOS and Android devices.
- $88 free entry level as one signs up. No deposits required.
- SNAP innovation
- Poker variations such as Texas Hold’em, Omaha and 7 Card Stud.
- Perks like tournaments, cash games, and sit and go’s.