The Most Common Boxing Bets & The Sportsbooks Offering The Best Odds
In regards to niche sports betting markets and in this case boxing, there are of course the most common boxing bets to consider. The adrenaline that is inside the ring is indeed similar to the exhilaration of live betting and watching the game unfold on live streaming. Its primal watching two men or two women give it all they got without a scoreboard, without timeouts, and no substitutions. In the same way, sports bettors have a very similar nature to them as well.
The sport’s bettors spirit must be tenacious and fierce just like a boxer inside of the ring. From constantly handicapping, to finding the sportsbooks with the best odds, to deciding which of the most common boxing bets to place, sports bettors are constantly training. Generally speaking, the punter is, in essence, a mental athlete. It was the great boxer Muhammad Ali who said, “Dance like butterfly and sting like a bee.’ With this in mind, a sport’s bettors critical decision-making allows them to be flexible, adaptable and potent.
There are several key points to remember when betting on boxing. One of which is to consider all aspects of a fight. Next, a sports bettor needs to pick the best bet for them. Lastly, choosing a sportsbook which optimizes your betting experience which is essential. At which point, a sports bettor can truly sit back and watch as the adrenaline unfolds.
16 Boxing Bets
Keep reading and on the whole, your general knowledge will increase especially in regards to common boxing bets. Give yourself an upper hand by learning as much as you can about the most typical bets in boxing. For instance, watch some Youtube Sportsbetting Tutorials and consider polishing up on your expertise the old-fashion way by reading Sportsbetting Books.
1. The Money Line
In regards to placing a money line bet, this entails placing a bet on a boxer of your choice or on whether the fight will end in a draw. Overall, each match will have a winner and a loser, and punters in this bet select which fighter they believe will win the fight.
2. Totals Over/Under
In brief, there are two options available in this bet. First, punters are able to bet on the total number of rounds the match will last. Second, or on the total number of points scored for both fighters. For example, if the oddsmaker at a sportsbook sets the line at 7 rounds, punters are then to bet if the fight will last over or under 7 rounds.
3. Round Betting
Bettors are to select in which round they believe the fight will end. For instance, punters select the specific round as opposed to Round Betting Over/Under which follows.
4. Round Betting Over/Under
Round betting is an even more specific bet. Especially suited for the punter who likes details. This bet is on whether or not the fight will go under or over a certain number of rounds.
5. Total Rounds Over/Under
Total rounds are the first boxing bet that doesn’t center on predicting who will win the fight. Rather with this bet, it is not about who wins and/or how they do so. On the contrary, it’s simply a bet on how long the fight will last.
6. Victory Betting
Ultimately Victory Betting is a good bet to make if a punter has a serious hunch about the outcome of the match. For instance, by handicapping the boxers and assessing the match determines if its a lopsided or an or if it is in fact, an even match-up. In regards to victory betting, punters bet on how the fight will end. The choice victory bets to choose from are options such as a knockout or the judge’s decision.
By and large, the special bets that arise in boxing are often specific to the sportsbooks or the match itself. For instance, before a fight, a boxer may predict that he will win the fight in a certain round. As a result, there may be special bets attached to this boxing prediction.
8. Boxing Proposition Bets
Sportsbooks generally offer several proposition wagers on major boxing matches. To be sure, the most popular is the over/under in regards to how long the match will last. In brief, this boxing bet works in the same manner as other over/under bets in other sports. Rather than betting if there will be over or under a certain number of points scored, punters bet over or under a certain number of rounds taking place.
9. Knock Out Bet
Otherwise known as ‘KO’, this bet obviously predict the knock out that renders a boxer incapable to proceed.
10. Fight To Go The Distance
This simple yes or no bet speaks in regards to whether the fight will go the full distance.
11. Both Fighters To Be Knocked Down
This wager ultimately predicts both fighters will hit the floor at some stage of the match.
12. To Be Knocked Down And Win
This bet predicts a fighter to get up from a legitimate knockdown and then to go on to win the match.
13. To Be Knocked Down
To be knocked down is a bet that in essence, explains itself. This bet is in regards to a fighter to be knocked down at any point during the contest.
Because of the rare nature of draws, payouts are very high on these bets. For instance, a judge may score a fight a draw and moreover, if the other two judges split their decision, the result of the fight is a draw.
4 Sportsbooks With The Best Boxing Odds
- Claims to have accepted the first ever online sports bet in 1996.
- Has been around for over 21 years.
- Serve punters from over 180 different countries from around the world.
- Restricted Countries: Bulgaria, France, and the UK
- On the site, once a sport is selected and a league or event, then just sort by type of bet.
- Navigation around the site is intuitive and seamless.
- Check out their recent addition of the “Hottest Bets” section.
- The site offers the ability to change how your odds are displayed (i.e. Decimal, American, Fraction)
- 100% Welcome Bonus, Rookie Raise Promotion, Sign up Free Bet Promotion, Rookie 200 Sign Up Bonus, Rookie 100 Sign Up Bonus and the Rookie 50 Sign Up Bonus just to name a few because there is much more!
- Even great bonuses for other niche sports betting markets such as Wimbledon Stake Back Promotion,
- Up and betting since 2016.
- The best betting platform for “serious players.”
- Licensed by the Antigua and Barbuda Director of Offshore Gaming.
- Bets range from standard game lines to exotic wagers like parlays, teasers, and round-robins. In addition, futures and props are available as well among others.
- The site offers an easily readable format which provides a clean user interface.
- Take full advantage of the current score and situation with the In-Play Betting tab which calculates odds on the fly while games progress!
- Runs one of the most comprehensive sportsbooks found online.
- Welcome Bonus: they’ll match your first deposit at a 100 percent rate, up to $300. Furthermore, if you’re picking winners, then placing $1,000 in total wagers during your first month on the site ultimately returns a most generous $1,000 bonus.
- Reload bonus: Reimbursed fees on reload deposits of $300+.
- Mobile Betting is available thru iPhone, Android, or similar mobile device.
- Offering a full array of types of bets, and have lots of different sports available.
- Attentive and Expeditious Customer Service.
- Dynamically Rewarding Bonus Structure.
- Competitive and Reasonable Odds.
- Began in 2001, and rebranded in 2007.
- Operates out of Panama City, Panama.
- Clean, Smart and User-Friendly Interface.
- Offers loads of seasonal promotions to be sure.
- Super-helpful database of sporting statistics.
- Overall, they post their lines earlier than most online sportsbooks.
- Accept sports bettors from the United States and worldwide.
- Gets 300,000 visitors a month according to Compete and 400,000 visitors a month according to Alexa.
Bonus on EVERY deposit.
9 Deposit Options.
$2500 Sign up Bonus.
“Lifetime Bonus” only has 6x betting requirement.
“Free” $50 bet on your first Mobile Bet.
- Offers a fantastic range of lines on sporting events worldwide.
- Features a great live betting section that covers many different sports.
- One of the largest live betting interfaces of any sportsbook.
Large deposit bonuses and fast payouts make BetOnline superior.
- Started in 2001
- 15 years in business.
- Processes payouts faster than other sportsbooks.
- Attractive promotions throughout the betting season.
- The most professional customer service.
- The most valuable promotions in the U.S. market.
- According to Alexa, Bovada gets 3.4 million visitors a month.
- Offers 24 betting markets, with live betting available for most popular sports.
- For Live Betting: Click on the live betting link, located in the top left of the Sportsbook, and a new screen opens which lists all of the current games and wagers available.
- The ‘Welcome Bonus’ is 50% up to $250 deposit bonus for when a new punter joins Bovada Sportsbook. For instance, if you were to deposit $100, you’d get a $50 bonus.