Incredible Facts About the Casino Game Bingo
Before the internet, town halls were called ‘Bingo halls’. Nowadays this popular casino game is available in online casinos which offer mobile accessibility. Bingo’s journey is especially impressive. The game’s origins stem from the country of Italy. Regarding this, the facts and backstory surrounding this century old lottery game is simply fascinating.
The impact that this lottery casino game has had is profound especially since the online and mobile revolution invoked a resurrection of gambling. With regards to this, Cyberbingo.com, the first exclusive site for the game entered onto the scene in 1996.
However, it wasn’t until 2003, that the massive online poker boom catapulted the lottery game onto the next level. Facebook Apps like WonderBingo began creating epic waves in the gambling industry in 2003. Thereafter, 15 Network in 2013 launched which pretty much propelled the game to move into the online gambling market.
Case in point, the game has come a long way from the 16th century Italy. From its birth in Italy, to its evolution in France, to its revolution in Britain and then lastly to its commercialization in America, Bingo is all about coming up despite the odds. Keep reading to learn more about the casino game that has literally played continents all over the world.
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT BINGO’S BACKSTORY
In 1929 at a carnival in Georgia, USA, a Long Island toy manufacturer by the name of Edwin S Lowe popularized the game after playing it under the name ‘Beano’. Supposedly Lowe was playing the game with friends when one of his friends was so happy after winning, that instead of shouting “Beano!” She actually shouted, “Bingo!” This in fact changed the name of the game.
Thereafter, Lowe printed cards and increased the possible combinations on the cards. He packaged the game and called it “Bingo”. After selling Bingo, Lower went on to sell the iconic game of Yahtzee as well.
In 1530, an Italian lottery called Il Gioco del Lotto d’Italia had made its way to Britain through France. By 1778, the lottery game was one of the most popular forms of gambling in France. It was similar to a French lottery game called Le Lotto. In the 18th century, the game was played throughout British towns and cities and soon after, it moved into other markets, including and not limited to: the USA. This journey would essentially craft the game into the format that it is played in today.
On a typical Bingo ticket, a punter can actually come up with over a million different winning combinations. The possibilities are endless.
BINGO IS A STRESS RELIEVER
Bingo reportedly relieves stress. Particularly it boosts the cognitive abilities of punters as well. A Southampton University research study found that playing bingo keeps your brain ‘trim’. To illustrate further, bingo players are generally more mentally agile than non-bingo players.
PLAYED BY MORE FEMALE PUNTERS
According to statistics, 20% of Bingo players are male. On the other hand, the remaining are female punters. As of 2012, 2.5 million female punters in the UK play their favorite casino games at online bingo sites. Learn more about the gender differences in gamblers by reading more.
THE LENGTH OF AN AVERAGE GAME
A game’s length of Bingo depends on how many punters are playing. The game’s duration can last from anywhere from three to six minutes. First off, don’t worry, be happy. Second off, keep calm and play again.
BINGO CARDS AS AN EDUCATIONAL TOOL
The Germans actually used a game just like Bingo as an educational tool in their school system. By using bingo cards they effectively taught their students about history and numbers. The bingo cards acted as helpful learning aids assisting students in learning their multiplication tables.
SCOTS ARE THE OFFICIAL BINGO LOVERS
There must be one country that takes the prize for playing this lottery game more than any other country worldwide. And the award of ‘Official Bingo Lovers’ goes to…qScotland. Concerning this, one in five Scots play bingo regularly. Comparatively to one in 20 punters in the South of England.
AVERAGE AGE OF PUNTERS
Although the game brings to mind an older demographic, surprisingly punters under 35 are the most likely to participate in this lottery game.
MARGARET IS BY FAR THE WINNING NAME
The name Margaret is most likely to win at bingo compared to any other name. If your name is Margaret or if you know someone whose name is Margaret, then you’re on your way to overcoming the odds and winning.
MULTIPLE TICKETS PROVIDE BETTER ODDS
If and when you play four Bingo tickets at once, and there’s forty people playing with you, then your odds would be effectively be 4/40 or 1/10.
LESS IS MORE
It’s far better to play Bingo with as few punters as possible. Less is more and it in fact increases your chances of winning by tenfold.
RECORD FOR THE QUICKEST JACKPOT
Just 40 minutes after setting up his first-time account on William Hill, Darryl Howe scooped up £18,000! Howe’s 15 number full house came in just 23 calls. The odds of this happening are more than 93 billion to one!
THE LARGEST ONLINE GAME
On Sept 3, 2010, Coca-cola organized the largest online Bingo game in Tokyo, Japan. This wild world record had a turnout of 493,824 punters!
THE LARGEST PHYSICAL GAME
Organized by Almacenes Exito S.A., the record for the largest game of bingo occurred in Bogota, Columbia. The record-breaking crowd of 70,080 punters who won over £250,000 worth of cash prizes.
LARGEST AMOUNT OF MONEY WON AT A BINGO HALL
Soraya Lowell played at the Club 3000, in Coatbridge, Scotland on March 25, 2008. This lucky punter won an incredible £1,167,795. She won the National Bingo Game Platinum Jackpot. In conclusion, she is somewhere living happily ever after.
WORLD’S HIGHEST GAME
On November 3, 2009, the record for the highest game of bingo occurred on top of Mount Everest almost at 17, 500 feet above sea level. A group of 24 Gala Coral Employees trekked up to the base camp of Mount Everest to play a few games of Bingo and thereafter they set a wacky world record.
Largest Playing Card
In London on December 6, 2014, the record for the largest Bingo playing card was achieved. It subsequently measured 4.98m in length, and 1.99m in width. It helped to raise £6,041 for the Royal Voluntary Service. Once again showing that bingo has and continues to be a terrific fundraiser.
THE TOP ONLINE CASINOS TO PLAY BINGO AT!
After reading those super facts, you’ll surely appreciate the game of Bingo even more. Given these points, play now at one of the best online casinos in the UK. At any rate, check out each casino’s perks and stats. Altogether choose from amongst premium high-end betting sites. To conclude, read up on their reviews by double-clicking on the name of the casino.
3. CORAL CASINO
- One of the largest online casinos in the world.
- Powered by software platforms like NetEnt, CryptoLogic, IGT, and Electracade.
- Live and virtual gaming options. Get in on the action without having to download.
- Online response from customer service within a couple hours.
- SSL encryption
- Enormous selection of games.
- Open with game fairness information.
- Transparent about licensing and responsible gambling.
- Attractive and user-friendly website.
- On a £10 deposit, you’re awarded a £50 bonus with modest 24x wagering requirements.
- In-Play platform which means you can play without paying.
- Launched in 1999
- Largest betting website on the web.
- Pioneered the idea of the betting exchange, allowing customers to wager at odds set by themselves or by other players.
- In September 2015, BetFair and its largest rival, Paddy Power agreed to terms for a merger. On February 2, 2016, the merger was complete and Paddy Power Betfair was formed.
- Best odds around.
- Edge is typically one-third of that of traditional bookies.
- Won several Queen’s Awards.
- Instead of playing against the house, punters play against one another. Funds will only be won from other customers at Betfair.
- Huge selection of games from multiple suppliers.
- Playtech progressive jackpots.
- Expeditious payment of withdrawals.
- Zero house edge games.
- Playable in browser or installable software.
- 24/7 customer support via email, phone, live text chat.
- Regulated by the Malta Gaming Authority.
1. PADDY POWER
- Powered by Playtech, IGT, Wagerworks software providers.
- eCogra certified and licensed by the Alderney Gambling Control Commission.
- Available to both Android and iOS users through their mobile device browser or through a downloadable App.
- State-of-the-art SSL encryption.
- Great software especially instant play.
- More importantly Live Chat help.
- 24/7 Customer Support.
- Proven fair by TST.
- Unique and exclusive games.
- Launched in 2004.
- Big UK gambling brand.
- Available by download, instant and mobile.
- In sum, powered by Playtech.
- Hosts a lot of exciting slots, including progressives.
- Top products and professional services.
- Winner of the Casino Operator of the Year title in 2015 at the EGR Awards.
- To be brief, hosts a lot of exciting slots, including progressives.
- Custom Live Casino.
- All in all, Licensed by the Gambling Commission in the UK.