Basketball Bets And Sportsbooks With The Best Basketball Odds
In the long run, sports bettors benefit greatly from thoroughly understanding basketball bets. First and foremost, the integrity of the wager improves immensely once a punter fully comprehends the variety of bets particular to the sports. In that way, they can, in turn, select the best basketball bet for the game in question.
In addition to strengthening a betting strategy, utilizing a choice basketball bet at a sportsbook is a winning combo. To be sure, there are a lot of sportsbooks to wager a basketball bet at online. Chiefly punters seek to find one that offers premium features and odds. For instance, a modern interface is pivotal, as well as live betting and live streaming features. In addition to a variety of deposit and withdrawal availabilities, all of the above ultimately optimize the user’s experience.
It’s important to consider the point spread in regards to sports bets. To explain briefly, the basketball team that is expected to win is called the favorite. While on the other hand, the team that is expected to lose is called the underdog. On the whole, the team that is expected to win gives, or lays, points to the team that is expected to lose. This is a spread.
Major Basketball Events
Basketball enthusiasts are certain to place the most common bets in one of the following games. Check out these tournaments which can prove advantageous games to bet on.
NCAA March Madness:
This tournament series consists of 68 teams playing for the chance to advance to the final four. In sum, the best 4 teams from each region.
The Final Four tournament is the accumulation of March Madness wherein the best four teams compete to become champion of the series.
NBA All-Star Game:
Founded in 1951, the NBA All-Star Game combines the best talent from both the Eastern Conference and Western Conference teams in the NBA. Players are chosen to play in the game through fan ballot voting. In addition, reserve players are selected by a group of coaches.
Started in 1947, this is the mecca of the regular season in the NBA. In detail, it features qualifying, quarter-final and semi-final rounds before the championship series. All of the series are played in a best of 7 formats. In addition, with the final two teams competing for the Championship trophy at the end of each season.
The Most Common Basketball Bets
Taking into consideration the above key points, it’s time to explore this exciting and lucrative niche of the sports betting industry. Sharpen your betting strategy by brushing up on the most common basketball bets such as money line betting. On the other hand, increase your betting prowess with more specialized bets particular only to basketball.
1.) Money Line
Perhaps the most common and simplest market for a punter, money line betting is simply placing money on a certain team to win the game. By and large, some teams are given a better than 50-percent chance of winning. Since money line wagers are made using odds, if a punter bets on the team expected to win, they are risking more than they stand to win.
When one team is heavily favored over their opponents betting on the Handicap becomes a valuable tool. To be sure, bookmakers offer a handicap to level the playing field. In brief, the handicap number is either displayed as a + or – a value.
For example, such as +7.5 points. In the long run, this value is factored into the final score. On the whole, it determines the bet’s outcome. This means that the handicap result is sometimes different from the actual result.
Totals betting is also known as Over/Under. In this bet, the punter wagers on whether the combined points scored in a game will be over or under a set number. The bet is on the combined score of each team. Overall, this number is determined by the bookmakers. Furthermore, the punter places a wager on the over or under (O/U).
A parlay bet essentially combine all of your bets to thereby increase the overall payout. To be sure, for your parlay to hit or win, all of the bets made must win. Even if a punter correctly picks five out of six games, a parlay is still a loss. In addition, a parlay can be combined with a spread, totals and money line bets to increase the payout of a parlay.
Generally speaking, a teaser bet is basically the same as that of the parlay bet. Another key point is that the bookmaker provides points therein increasing the odds of winning. On the negative side, this in fact, simultaneously decreases the overall payout.
Futures bets are in essence proposition bets. All in all, they are placed on which team will win and on which conference they will win. Yet future bets are not only limited to teams. For instance, punters are also able to place bets on ‘Who will the league’s MVP be?’
In regards to proposition bets, there is a wide range of bets. Specifically on team and player statistics as well as in-game occurrences. For instance, bet on Over/Under on how many points or rebounds players will have, or which team will score or get to 10 points first.
8 Sportsbook With The Best Basketball Odds
Nearly every sportsbook worldwide offers NBA betting. Finding a sportsbook is not too hard, yet, there are important elements to remember. For example, it’s important to look at the limits for sides and totals of the sportsbook you’re looking at. It’s important to realize many sportsbooks may offer overnight lines and some post lines faster than others.
In addition, those interested in betting on sports are indeed more selective in regards to bets. On the positive side, some sportsbooks offer a vast selection of bets on each game while others may offer only a few props available. Needless to say, sports bettors actively seek reputable online sportsbook which provides good security and reliable payouts.
- Launched in 2004
- Fast payouts.
- Diverse payment options.
- Trusted & reputable company.
- US customers welcomed.
- Mobile casino.
- Licensed & Regulated in Panama.
- One of the largest sportsbooks online.
- Massive $2,500 Sign-Up Bonus.
- Some of the largest wagering limits.
- Betting software and the interface is of high-quality.
- Posts its odds earlier than other sites.
- Launched in 1999.
- One of the fastest paying and largest sportsbooks online.
- Large Sign-Up Bonus and Reload Bonuses.
- Excellent for recreational and professional bettors.
- Early odds for most events.
- Strong, all-in-one gambling site.
- Customer Support available via Telephone, Live Chat, Email.
- Operate out Panama City, Panama.
- Online racebook, casino, live casino, poker, live betting options, and financials.
Plenty of deposit/payout options
75% to $1,000 bonus
25% Bonus for Life
- Fully supports betting on the tablet, Android and iOS devices.
- One of the top online sportsbooks in the world.
- Launched in 2011
- Licensed by Kahnawake Gaming Commission
- One of the top online sportsbooks in the world.
- Sportsbook, racebook & casino available from one account.
- Well-known and trusted brand.
- Easy to deposits & withdrawals.
- Largest and diverse selections of betting markets.
Fast Payouts to be sure.
The bonus is easy to earn.
Free Bitcoin deposits and payouts.
1 Free check payout per month.
- Football, Basketball, Hockey and Baseball lines, props and live betting is offered. As well as sports coverage including and not limited to Tennis, Golf and College Football. Punters can also bet on popular international sports including Soccer.
- Established in 1996
- Licensed by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission.
- Software providers: Real Time Gaming and WGS Technology (Vegas Technology)
- Recently updated with new software
- Download or Instant Play
- Great Promotions
- Available on mobile devices
- Traditional casino games including a Sportsbook and Poker Room.
- Fastest payouts in the U.S. online poker industry.
- All Bitcoin withdrawals are free.
- Loose games.
- 36% rakeback to any player that asks for it.
- Excellent First Deposit Bonus
- Great Customer Service
- Live Betting on Sports
- Established in 2016
- Major Sports like NFL football, MLB baseball, NBA basketball, and NHL hockey
- As well as other niche betting markets like boxing and mixed martial arts (MMA), golf, tennis, motor sports, soccer, horse racing, cricket, Australian Rules Football, e-Sports.
- Established in 2011
- Offers both sports betting and casino games
- Accepts real money gamblers from the US
- Clean, user-friendly mobile betting interface
- Licensed in Curacao
- Up to $1000 First Deposit Bonus: The more you deposit, the bigger the percentage match.
The $10 Thursday Night Free NBA Bet
Basketball enthusiasts will enjoy this bet because it’s free and it’s $10 worth of action. Another key point is that it has to be used for a Thursday night NBA game.
- Established in 1998
- A vast array of games from Playtech, Microgaming, Ash Gaming, IGT, WMS, NextGen Gaming and Evolution Gaming.
- Licenced in the by the Gibraltar Government and holds a valid UK Gambling Commission License.
- Certified by the Gibraltar Regulatory Authority and the UK Gambling Commission.
- One of the most popular online sports betting sites online
Low 4x rollover on Bonus
10% Reload bonus only has 3x rollover
Best Betting Lines